Presented By: Salvatore Garanzini, MFT, and Alapaki Yee, MFT - Certified Gottman Therapists and co-founders of the Marriage and Relationship Counseling Institute (dba Gay Couples Institute). Both were Certified by Drs. John and Julie Gottman to teach Gottman Method Couples Therapy. They wrote the very first outcome study showing the effectiveness of the Gottman Method. Sam is also a professor of counseling psychology at the University of San Francisco, Salvatore teaches addiction therapy and psychopharmacology, and brings 20 years of clinical experience to this training.
Their main mission in life is to help clinicians become expert couples counselors using the Gottman Method. The Institute is the world's only gay and lesbian couples counseling clinic using the Gottman Method and have served over 2500 couples. The Insitute has locations in Northern California and Manhattan.
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
- Graduate Students and Interns - (Discount available with proof of status)
Tuition: (includes the 300-page Gottman Institute clinical manual, two full days of training, venue, and light refreshments)
- Registration Tuition: $520.00
- Intern/Student Rate: $50 Discount (After registering below, contact us with school/program information, or intern number, and refund will be credited back to your card.)
- Cancellation: Registration fees are refundable (less a $50 administrative fee) when a cancellation occurs prior 30-days before the training. Cancellations after this date will receive a credit, good for one year, which may be applied to other professional programs or products.